Former investor and finance professional, now startup operator
Based in Hong Kong
Keith Chan is Head of Marketing at Reap where he builds various channels and campaigns to educate SMEs on how to better manage their cash flow. He leads user acquisition and company growth through data-driven approach.
Before Reap, he was Head of Product Growth at Remo and Head of Growth at Riot...
Reap is a technology company dedicated to fuelling the ambitions of small businesses. We deliver corporate payment solutions to improve the way small businesses operate today and prepare them for the challenges of tomorrow. Currently, Reap's all-in-one financial platform enables small businesses to pay expenses and collect revenue – to and from anyone, anywhere – entirely via credit card.
Every day we ask ourselves, why not?
Before Daren and Kevin became the founders of Reap, they were owners of a video production company. But starting a business, especially in an oversaturated market, was tough. There were so many rules and bureaucracies that had kept them from doing the things they wanted to do. Petty expenses and hefty costs, aggravated by rigid payment methods and systems, had led them to question, “why can’t we do things the way we want like paying rent with a credit card?”
Perhaps it’s their inquiry-based mindset or a burning determination to fight against stagnation, this question had eventually sowed the seeds of Reap’s future. They wanted new solutions for other business owners to run their companies independently, fight the obsolete systems and challenge the status quo through technology.
And what was once a solution to a problem has grown into a level playground for SMEs and startups to live out their potential. Beyond the Reap payments and credit card platform is a plethora of complementary software and tools, designed to change the way business owners run their companies and shape their ambitions.
“We ask ourselves ‘why not all the time, and it is elemental in our development process because we always find new solutions for our problems. This is particularly important for business owners we work with because they can rest assured that we’ve crashed and recouped before them, making our services (almost) failproof so that they can focus on things that truly matter.”
Reap has revolutionised the way businesses manage cash flow, leveraging credit cards to smooth cash flow and increase capital efficiency by digitising day-to-day finances and transactions. As strong advocates of small to medium-sized businesses, Reap believes businesses should operate at their potential, not at their size. Reap continues to innovate, advancing technology and building better tools for small businesses to level the playing field – by giving every small business the access of a large enterprise.
The Role: Content Manager / Specialist
Reap is looking for a Content Manager / Specialist!
We are looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative marketer to join our fast-growing team and help bring Reap’s incredible story and value proposition to life. This person is a strong strategic thinker with outstanding editorial writing capabilities. Someone who will embody and empower the brand’s voice through thought leadership. Someone who thrives on big challenges and responds with big creative solutions.
As a key member of the marketing team, you!ll make an impact on day 1 for Reap across digital, product, and content (to name a few) sub-verticals within the marketing function. We!d love to chat if you have a strong bias to action and you care about doing what!s best for our customers, for Reap, and your team.
You will excel in this role if
• You are an evangelist of storytelling and understand the impact and know-how
• You are a great communicator and can balance executing strategy and detailed tactics
• You want data to be at the centre of decision making but as well understand the direct insight from talking to users to drive and determine the appropriate strategies to reach our users
• You are a team player: Reap marketer should enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
• You are interested in a culture built on putting our users first, thinking rigorously, working transparently and delivering high quality and high impact work
Role related responsibilities
• You will craft a voice for Reap, across all of our channels, that is consistent with our brand, establishes thought leadership, and builds trust among our community
• You will help conceive, lead and execute content initiatives, researching and producing them in consultation with Reap subject matter experts, industry experts and creative team members
• You will apply intelligence, wit and heart to make complex services and value propositions understandable, relatable and deeply relevant
• You will lead a team of freelance writers and oversee and edit content from third-party partners
• You will translate big creative ideas that cross channels, audiences and buyer stages into content that compels customers and prospects to take action
• You will use analytics, trending data, and qualitative audience insights to inform future planning and content development. Have a deep understanding of SEO methodologies
• You will assist with research and implementation of content for organic SEO success with agency assistance while monitoring Reap’s keyword rankings and occasionally addressing site health issues.
• You will partner with the leading companies to identify new ways to syndicate and surface the best and most relevant content to our readers, driving exposure, engagement and conversion
• You will maintain the agility and flexibility to write everything from eBooks and white papers to web pages and landing pages to articles and digital educational experiences
• You will work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Bachelor degree in Business, Journalism and Communications or related subjects with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experiences
• Strong communication and editorial skills with excellent command of English and Chinese
• Good interpersonal skills, creative, resourceful, energetic and able to operate in a fast-moving environment
• Strong ability to work closely with your team to problem solve, prioritise tasks, and manage time effectively
• A detail-oriented approach and a desire to achieve objectives accurately
• Familiarity with the digital advertising space and a passion for growing that interest into a