Paul Y. Engineering Group is one of Hong Kong’s largest contractors, with a growing clientele in the region and other parts of the world. We provide a dynamic and challenging work environment with fresh and exciting opportunities that help our people thrive. If you are dedicated to move on your career advancement, please join us and share your success with us.
We build, manage, add value
For more than half a century, Paul Y. Engineering (PYE) has played a vital role in shaping Hong Kong, Macau and the Mainland China. PYE was founded in 1946 in Shanghai. We are now one of Hong Kong's largest contractors, with a growing clientele in the region and other parts of the world.
We are a one-stop source of comprehensive construction solutions
PYE provides a single and comprehensive source of construction solutions backed by local knowledge and expertise. Our diverse portfolio encompasses the entire range of civil engineering and building services that enable our clients to fulfill their goals. Our services include engineering, development and management solutions; concept and planning; land sourcing; asset appreciation; design; construction; fitting out; E&M; commissioning; marketing and facilities management.
We construct for a better tomorrow
We operate on the belief that the industry would benefit from high-quality and innovative local approach. We are strongly committed to improving on our built environment, saving customers money, and minimizing our impact on the environment through sustainable solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for assisting and providing support to the Legal Department (reporting to the General Counsel) in handling both non-contentious and contentious matters.
• Assist with preparation of court bundles and other document management tasks;
• Draft and prepare correspondence and legal documents;
• Research of legal issues and case law and / or examination of documentation and / or factual investigation;
• Review tender documents and other contractual documents;
• Review and update Company’s standard documents and agreements;
• Assist in preparing briefs to external counsel and attending court to assist counsel;
• Liaise with government enforcement agencies;
• Translate documents into English and Chinese; and
• Assist with general legal matters
• Degree in Law from a university in Hong Kong or another common law jurisdiction;
• Experience as paralegal in private practice or in-house in Hong Kong would be an advantage;
• Strong initiative, organizational and problem solving skills;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills;
• Willingness to learn and adapt and ability to multi-task; and
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English and Chinese