Former investor and finance professional, now startup operator
Based in Hong Kong
Anson is a digital marketing whiz, she has worked across Hong Kong, Scotland and Germany and she loves to understand her audience through all kinds of hacks. Her laughter is always very loud and contagious.
Keith Chan is Head of Marketing at Reap where he builds various channels and campaigns to educate SMEs on how to better manage their cash flow. He leads user acquisition and company growth through data-driven approach.
Before Reap, he was Head of Product Growth at Remo and Head of Growth at Riot...
Reap is a technology company dedicated to fuelling the ambitions of small businesses. We deliver corporate payment solutions to improve the way small businesses operate today and prepare them for the challenges of tomorrow. Currently, Reap's all-in-one financial platform enables small businesses to pay expenses and collect revenue – to and from anyone, anywhere – entirely via credit card.
Reap is supported by an empowering group of investors; including Global Founders Capital, Bertelsmann Asia Investments, Index Ventures, Fresco Capital and Hustle Fund. Our current operation spans Hong Kong and Singapore and continues to expand.
Every day we ask ourselves, why not?
Before Daren and Kevin became the founders of Reap, they were owners of a video production company. But starting a business, especially in an oversaturated market, was tough. There were so many rules and bureaucracies that had kept them from doing the things they wanted to do. Petty expenses and hefty costs, aggravated by rigid payment methods and systems, had led them to question, “why can’t we do things the way we want like paying rent with a credit card?”
Perhaps it’s their inquiry-based mindset or a burning determination to fight against stagnation, this question had eventually sowed the seeds of Reap’s future. They wanted new solutions for other business owners to run their companies independently, fight the obsolete systems and challenge the status quo through technology.
And what was once a solution to a problem has grown into a level playground for SMEs and startups to live out their potential. Beyond the Reap payments and credit card platform is a plethora of complementary software and tools, designed to change the way business owners run their companies and shape their ambitions.
“We ask ourselves ‘why not’ all the time, and it is elemental in our development process because we always find new solutions for our problems. This is particularly important for business owners we work with because they can rest assured that we’ve crashed and recouped before them, making our services (almost) failproof so that they can focus on things that truly matter.”
We design our financial kit to solve real-life problems, one day at a time.
Every brand starts with a simple premise — a good idea and a handful of believers, but not everyone’s journey is created equal. Some have it harder because their potential is undervalued and support is scarce. While others overload their plates by taking on too much, stealing their attention from what’s truly important.
We want to create a smoother journey for business owners by reinventing the way they work and tackle challenges in finances, business management and so on. We see a business’ potential not in how big they dream, but how they manage the little things to thrive.
Our all-in-one financial kit is the sum of the collective aspirations of business owners, designed to simplify their day-to-day work. We have their backs at all times by streamlining our software suite, which takes care of the backbone of their businesses. We go the extra mile to unleash the ambitions of our business partners, so that they may become the change they want to see in this world.
You will excel in this role if
• You are a great communicator and can balance executing strategy and detailed tactics
• You want data to be at the centre of decision making: to drive insights and determine the appropriate strategies to reach our users.
• You are a team player: Reap marketers should enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
• You are interested in a culture built on putting our users first, thinking rigorously, working transparently and delivering high quality and high impact work
Role related responsibilities
• Implement local branding & marketing plans, including executing branding campaigns, initiating growth plans
• Responsible for creating & developing campaign assets, social media content, email and any marketing-related materials
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Operation team, Communication team, Community Operations, Legal teams, etc) and external stakeholders (creative and media agencies etc) to execute smooth product and campaign launch
• Generate data-driven analysis on campaign efficiency and effectiveness to help evolve
• Support on daily marketing operations, metrics reporting, marketing budget monitoring
• Ad-hoc marketing activities or launches
• Work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Take ownership of projects assigned and ensure they meet agreed deadlines to agreed standards
• Bachelor degree in Business, communications or related subjects with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. Passionate fresh graduates are also welcomed!
• Strong communication and editorial skills with excellent command of English and Chinese
• Good interpersonal skills, creative, resourceful, energetic and able to operate in a fast-moving environment
• Strong ability to work closely with your team to problem solve, prioritise tasks, and manage time effectively
• A detail-oriented approach and a desire to achieve objectives accurately
• Solid quantitative and research skills, and proven data interpretation capability
• Familiarity with the digital advertising space and a passion for growing that interest into a career
As a key member of the marketing team, you’ll make an impact on day 1 for Reap across digital, product, and content (to name a few) sub-verticals within the marketing function. Marketing is a highly cross-functional role, partnering closely with Product, Engineering, Sales, and Design to enable growth Reap in the long term. You will work closely on projects that will involve the extended Business and Product teams to drive the marketing functions from ideation to execution. We’d love to chat if you have a strong bias to action and you care about doing what’s best for our customers, for Reap, and your team.