Hi, I am the Founder & Plant Stylist at Terada Plants
With plants in your environment, they give us a sense of warmth, positivity and timelessness. People are always drawn to greenery because of the benefits they give physically, mentally and metaphysically.
Terada Plants specialises in plants and plant care, tailoring the needs of our client’s interior and style them with plants to design a warm and happy environment.
Whether you are a new or existing plant parent, we want to offer you plants that are easy to care for in Hong Kong's climate.
Named after my grandmother, Terada Masako, Terada Plants is born to spread the wisdom, determination and love for plant care that she has generously taught me during my childhood in Japan.
Terada Masako was born and raised in Osaka, now settled in Nara Japan. Every time I visit her, we go to Nara Park (particularly Todaiji Temple) to be immersed with nature. After some inspiration, we go to the market to pick out new flowers and plants to pot in her garden that she has curated over the last 30 years.
She is the reason why I have become the woman I am today, and to thank her for everything she has done for me, I wanted to name my brand after her. I hope she is proud of me as I am grateful of her.
Being of Japanese descent, born in Hong Kong & grown up in Melbourne Australia, my diverse upbringing gives me an advantage of connecting with people from multicultural backgrounds. Growing up in a Japanese home & having to adapt to both Hong Kong & Australian culture, I was always exposed to the benefits of plants & their correlation to our holistic wellbeing in our environment.
This took me to the path of education in Behavioural Psychology & Interior Architecture. With my experiences, I have the knowledge of understanding spacial design, colour palette & texture selections that can match with existing conditions.
Now, I am creating a platform to connect those who want to enrich their lives with plants but not know where to start. I want to bring opportunity for new & existing plant parents to feel at ease when selecting plants & pots that best fit their environment
You will play two key roles:
- keep record of all expenses, orders and requests for vendors and suppliers
- manage filing, documentation, printing of documents, claims
- take calls, create booking and appointment system
- basic care and maintenance for our plants
- develop a network of plant vendors and suppliers, and saving budget
- payment terms negotiation, optimisation and management
- initiate and keep track of orders
- receive, inspect, sanitise orders
- execute procurement processes and documentation
- university graduate or graduating
- 1-2 years experience in administrative or procurement support (internship experience will also be considered)
- bilingual speaker: english and chinese (both speaking and writing)
- good time management skills and has great sense of urgency
- proactive and not afraid of trying something new
- interest in plants and don’t mind getting your hands dirty
Good to Have
- background in interior design, landscape design or related fields
- open minded, honest, positive outlook on life
- own laptop to bring in