Pet-a-hood – “Pets in the Neighbourhood”
Our platform is a one-stop destination for the latest and the most comprehensive pet-related information. From helping you discover pet-friendly businesses nearby, to planning fun weekend activities, we are your trusted partner when it comes to curating a healthy and exciting lifestyle for your pet friends and you. We also encourage pet owners to build their Pet’s Social Community through Pet-a-hood, by exchanging pet-caring experience, pet-related news, and connecting with other pet lovers in the neighbourhood.
Hong Kong is not really a pet-friendly city where you can take your pets anywhere, everywhere. Pet lovers always have difficulties in searching where they can enjoy and have fun with their pets. This inspires us to create a centralised page where we gather all pet-related information for pet owners.
Pet-a-hood is like a yellow page for pet-related businesses. We display business/ shop information which are already publicly available. Pet-a-hood makes it easier for pet lovers to find information about pet business and places to visit with their pets.
About the Role
PET-A-HOOD is seeking a Mobile Application Developer to build and develop the mobile application. This individual will be reporting to our Technical Lead, to support both frontend and backend system development. Our ideal candidate should be a self-motivated team player with strong analytical skills and detail-orientedness.
It would be great if you are an experienced talent who would love to work in this fast-growing pet industry.
• Design and develop iOS and Android mobile application, web service and backend development
• Conduct technical system design, development, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Maintain, implement, optimize, and debug any apps components
• Conduct requirement analysis and documentation
• Work closely with internal & external parties to collect and analyse their requirements
• Keep up with current trends in mobile app development industry
• Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines
• 3 years’ experience on mobile app development is preferred
• Experience in (Android) Kotlin/Java SDK or (iOS) Objective-C & Swift SDK, ReactNative is preferred
• Experience in PHP, MySQL is a plus
• Self-motivated with can do attitude and timely delivery of results
• Strong problem solving, interpersonal & communication skills and team player
• Good communication skills in both English and Chinese
• More experienced candidate will be considered in a senior position