Inter Cultural Education (ICE) is a Hong Kong based social enterprise that aims to nurture global mindset and intercultural skills to youths around the world. ICE's mission is to bring both the youth to the world as well as the world to the youth.
In the past decade, we have worked with people from 85+ countries, 100+ institutions including Cathay Pacific, Unilever, Bank of Singapore, and impacted 40,000+ youths. With the vision to guide youths in developing their cross-cultural competencies, we are committed to not only raising stakeholders’ awareness to cultural issues, building their soft and career skills, but also connecting and nurturing youths.
Locally, we have collaborated with educational institutions. Since 2015, we have worked closely with The Chinese University of Hong Kong, providing over 80 intercultural training for their students. Recently, we have provided Career Event training for students from City University of Hong Kong in the Department of Asian and International Studies, and for teaching staff from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
While Hong Kong’s reputation as Asia’s World’s City is undisputed with people from over the world residing here, there lies a massive gap between the locals and foreigners and ICE aims to bridge this gap by facilitating cross-cultural communication. Thus, ICE mainly specializes in promoting cross-cultural understanding and encourages students’ creativity skills to fully adjust to the international world.
ICE targets helping secondary school students to have full exposure and sense of the international society. With our multinational projects, we will encourage students to understand different cultures with guests through interactions with guests of different nationalities. With carefully designed programmes for global awareness (exchanging different foods, cultural performances, games, learning English) and nurturing creativity (workshops), students will be able to interact with a range of foreigners and acknowledge their potential and creativity in an authentic cross-cultural setting.
Event Development and Management Officer will be mainly responsible for preparing, coordinating and executing both online/offline training workshops and events with Programme Management team. Events are mainly project based and will last from 3 hours to 7 full days involving up to 30 volunteers/team members from various countries and 500 students. Officer is also responsible for assisting in work from deciding the workshop schedule, setting project timeline and budget to communication with clients, external service providers and international guests.
• Act as primary contact between event organizer and management team long term
• Assist Programme Manager to plan and coordinate all event details with stakeholders - including set-up, materials preparation, communication with trainers, volunteers, students and education institutes
• Support event planning and general administration and ensure successful delivery of all venue services on time with quality and customer satisfaction
• Assist in creating programme and online education materials for school projects to attract students’ active participation in school projects
• Logistics preparation, evaluation of projects and report writing
• Experienced in leading an organising committee
• Passionate about building programmes, events, and engagement around communities. Interest in cultural integration, diversity and entrepreneurship will be beneficial.
• Strong multitasker, able to work under pressure to meet tight timelines and able to manage different tasks across departments
• Flexible Worktime, mature interpersonal skills, attention to details and an interested in event-based project management
• Good command of written and oral English
• Previous experience in project management would be an advantage
• Adobe Suite experience a plus