Charmaine is a Marketing graduate from the Singapore University of Social Sciences who is passionate about the dynamic and ever-changing media industry. Having dipped her toes in creative advertising, market research and video production, Charmaine is currently part of the Employer Branding & Rec...
Grab is one of Southeast Asia’s leading superapp that provides everyday services such as mobility, deliveries (food, packages, groceries), mobile payments and financial services to millions of Southeast Asians.
Grab aims to use technology to empower its communities and elevate the quality of life for everyone.
1. Trust that you will have a safe ride
Travel with confidence knowing that Grab’s top priority is your safety. From driver safety training and vehicle safety checks, to personal accident insurance coverage for all our drivers and passengers and government partnerships to promote safety, you know we have your back.
2. Take the transport option that fits your need
We put freedom in your hands. The most transport options, at every price point, with comfort, speed and affordability – you can have it all at the touch of a button.
3. Let us take care of you
We believe that a sustainable business is one that improves the lives of the people it touches – passengers, drivers, employees, governments and society at large.
Life at Grab is all about positive disruption – and yes, crazy days are part of that package too. Still, that’s never stopped a Grabber from having fun. In fact, it’s what keeps us motivated to shake things up further.
Life as a Grabber means succeeding in a culture of passion and innovation. We are hungry to make a difference, and recognise that good decisions often come from the heart. We are humbled by our communities, and are proud to serve them with honour. We come from all over the world, united by a common goal to make life better everyday for our users.
If you share our mission of Driving Southeast Asia Forward, apply to be part of the team today!
Get to know the Team:
The Regional Merchant team was established to represent the voice of all types of merchants in Grab (e.g. GrabFood, GrabMart, GrabPay, GrabAds, etc). We advocate for merchant interests and drive the holistic needs of a merchant (e.g. merchant financials, return on investment, experience). We focus on areas where it is best positioned to deliver impact and create value. Typically, this would be in close collaboration with a large group of region-wide, cross-functional teams (e.g. product, regional teams, countries).
Get to know the Role:
You will plan and drive initiatives to empower our merchants to grow with Grab, solve their everyday needs, and provide the best merchant experience at the same time. You will work cross-functionally with Grab Leaders from various regional & country teams that span across all business verticals (e.g. GrabFood, GrabMart, GrabPay, GrabAds).
The day-to-day activities:
• Strategy & Leadership: You will be expected to plan and lead multiple business initiatives to drive value creation for our merchants across the Region.
• Voice of Merchants: Understand different merchant groups’ needs; gather insights from sales, ops, analytics and product teams; translate these into actions / programs (product features or business improvements); and drive progress and outcome.
• Project/Program Management: End- to-end ownership and implementation of projects. Influence prioritization and project-manage roadmaps to ensure needle-moving projects are executed successfully. Offer best-in-class experience in the different aspects of the merchant lifecycle (e.g. acquisition, onboarding, growth, ROI, settlements & cashout, etc.)
• Stakeholder Management: Be a trusted regional business partner for sales, operations, product and other teams across different business units for merchant-related initiatives. Drive strong collaboration and communication across the company.
• Product Roadmap Management: As the merchant expert, you understand their pain-points and requirements; formulate high-level solutions to be communicated to product & engineering teams; help prioritise based on impact; and agree on a rollout approach and schedule.
• Analytics: Work independently with analytics and other relevant teams to develop business metrics, analyse performance, derive actionable insights, drive impact, and compare actual outcome post-rollout to estimates
• Get your hands dirty: Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (project plans, status reports, day-to-day execution on the ground, etc)
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from renowned institute
• Minimum 10 years experience in tech/management/technology consulting/management consulting/project management
• Strong business acumen, customer-focused, team and results-oriented
• Strong project management, communication and stakeholder management skills. Able to articulate problems and obtain buy-ins from different teams
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to work and navigate through dynamic/complex environment
• Self-driven, a highly-motivated individual who can drive progress and impact
• Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• The ideal candidate will be one who is passionate about doing work that can contribute to a real impact to society, self-motivated, detailed oriented, passionate about technology, excellent communication as well as problem-solving abilities. You are comfortable working with an ambiguous, evolving situation, take charge and responsibility in a complex environment.
Nice to have:
• Prior product management experience
• Good understanding of Salesforce functional capabilities
Click "I'm interested" and we'd let you in on more!