Food Made Good HK is a social enterprise and membership organisation helping restaurants become more sustainable and diners make more sustainable choices when dining out. Our members include a broad range of foodservice providers and suppliers, including neighborhood favourites, high street chains, pubs, workplace canteens to Michelin-starred fine dining restaurants.
Our mission is to help foodservice businesses to operate more sustainably, and our vision is that by doing so at scale, we can create a sustainable food system.
Our Headquarters are in London, and we also have offices in Japan and Greece.
As a chapter of the UK’s Sustainable Restaurant Association, whose work has expanded to influence and impact more than 10,000 foodservice sites, we have ambitious plans to continue this great work on the other side of the world in Hong Kong.
Our mission is to support a constantly growing group of restaurants, cafés, bars, cha chaan teng, workplaces and university caterers. We guide, assess, recognise, support and inspire them to reach for ever higher standards of sustainability in four main ways…
1) Defined, recognised and accepted understanding of Sustainability for foodservice
2) A standardised Ratings accepted and widely recognised by the industry
3) Recognition of the best through an annual Awards ceremony
4) Support with an online Community platform
The need for a common, accessible framework and organised network has never been greater as it becomes increasingly apparent that the way we produce, consume and dispose of food is at the heart of many of the sustainability challenges we face, including:
Plastic Pollution – Food Waste – Climate Change – Deforestation – Biodiversity Loss – Water Scarcity – Forced Labour – Obesity – Poverty – Animal welfare
Our core value is turning passion into action.
We are a small yet agile team of five in Hong Kong who have a diverse range of backgrounds, from food policy, nutritional, sustainable development and economics, but most importantly we are all passionate about changing the food landscape in Hong Kong. As a small start up, we have to take a flexible approach, and support each other to be a fast-acting high-performing team. We also work closely with the global Food Made Good team, especially the London HQ.
⭐ Overview about the job
1. Produce B2B and B2C content
2. Support internal working groups to manage communication projects
3. Deliver various campaigns across Hong Kong and Singapore
4. Look for opportunities continuously to market Food Made Good to both industry and to consumers
🔍 Who we are looking for 🔍
The Communications and Campaigns Executive is an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional who is organized, a great communicator, quick learner, and a self-starter. You are mission-driven and passionate about telling the Food Made Good story.
More generally, you will be ambitious in your articulation of the solutions. You are passionate about helping people understand the positive impact that we can have on the planet through the food we choose to put on our plates, and you are interested in sharing knowledge, ideas, resources and solution.
Reports To: CEO, Hong Kong
● Support the the design and execution of a campaign plan, including social and digital communications and in-person activations. Ensure that the plan is strategically aligned to our objectives and lead the reporting back to project stakeholders.
● Organise and support on the weekly Communications Working Group, ensuring that the Communications Calendar is kept up to date, content is scheduled in and key stakeholders are regularly engaged for input
● Coordinate the development of all organisational communications including social and digital channels and the fortnightly newsletter, drawing on insights to increase engagement levels and ensuring there is a clear narrative
● Engage with freelance translators to ensure that all necessary digital content is translated in a timely manner and in the correct tone of voice
● Manage the Food Made Good website and ensure that we are driving traffic towards it
● Work collaboratively with key colleagues (mainly Account Manager, Events Manager and
Sustainability Strategist) to deliver on team needs to market Food Made Good’s member services
● Identify opportunities with Account Manager to promote and highlight member achievements and
Gold Tier (high resource) members across owned and partner platforms
● Draw on industry insights and research to develop and execute a marketing plan (to complement
the existing communications plan), in order to reinforce Food Made Good’s position in the industry and support new business opportunities
● Manage the day-to-day functionality of the online community platform, ensuring it is a vibrant and
collaborative platform actively used by both food service providers and suppliers
● Prompt and encourage content development within the community, including discussions, replies and responses, and the management of member-generated content
● Engage with key external communications stakeholders - e.g journalists and agencies,
proactively identifying opportunities to raise the profile of Food Made Good and CEO
● Line manage Content Intern, ensuring that there is high quality content being produced, and the
Intern is coached and provided with feedback for improvement
✅ Skills Required
○ 2+ years of experience in a marketing/communications role
○ Digitally savvy with a strong understanding of latest digital innovation and trends
○ Undergraduate Degree - social sciences and marketing discipline will be advantageous
○ Excellent organisational skills
○ Excellent interpersonal and (written and verbal) communication skills
○ An eye for detail, with strong proofing skills
○ Experience in layout software, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, Wordpress, MailChimp
○ The ability to work both independently and as part of a wider team
○ Must have a strong passion and interest in both the food sector and sustainability
○ Proficiency in Google Suite and MS Office applications
○ A proactive nature, with a willingness to learn and be solutions-focussed
○ International experience
○ Cantonese speaking and writing - working knowledge
○ Experience developing marketing and communications strategies
○ Experience executing multi-platform campaigns and evaluating performance
○ Experience using CRM such as Salesforce
○ Experience working in the foodservice sector in Hong Kong
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team, Food Made Good will consider your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming; where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. Diversity is a core value of Food Made Good HK.
👉Click ”I’m interested” to apply! Remember to FILL IN YOUR PROFILE and UPLOAD YOUR CV!
⚠️Empty profiles will NOT be considered