Redress is an environmental charity with a mission to prevent and transform textile waste to catalyse a circular economy and reduce fashion's water, chemical and carbon footprints. Our Redress Design Award is the world's largest sustainable design competition, working to educate emerging fashion designers around the world about sustainable design theories and techniques in order to drive growth towards a circular fashion system. Our Circular Fashion Programme works to reduce clothing waste in Hong Kong by increasing the reuse, resale and recycling of clothing.
Fashion is one of the most polluting industries in the world. Making our clothes uses significant amounts of natural resources like water, land, trees and oil, many of which are scarce or nonrenewable, and if they are not used properly they can endanger the health and wellbeing of people, animals and our planet. And yet clothes are being used and disposed of faster than ever before. The average consumer now buys 60% more clothing items a year, and keeps them for about half as long, as they did about 15 years ago. Globally one full garbage truck of textiles is burned or sent to landfill every second, and in Hong Kong we dump 339 tonnes of textile waste into our landfills every single day, 50% of which is clothing.
We work to change mindsets and practices to stop the creation of textile waste, and create systems and partnerships that generate and showcase value in existing waste while benefiting a cross-section of Hong Kongers in need through our wide network of charity partners.
We are looking for a Sales Assistant to support Redress' new shop space in Sham Shui Po on weekends (Saturday + Sunday). Redress is a HK-based NGO that aims to prevent textile waste and reduce fashion's water, chemical and carbon footprints through education initiatives and creating a circular economy space to sell pre-loved clothing.
The Sales Assistant will be the face of Redress for customers, who educate consumers on Redress' environmental initiatives and drive sales.
- Open, run, and close the shop as per the training provided by your Manager and Redress team
- Manage and track customer sales throughout your shift
- Steam and replenish shop stock to keep store items fresh and exciting for returning customers
- Maintain the shop looking immaculately tidy and attractive as set out
- Communicate Redress education and garment recycling initiatives to customers
- Address any questions you can’t answer to the shop Manager or a member of Redress core staff
- Complete the daily shop Survey and provide feedback to the Manager for shop improvement
- Represent Redress in a professional, polite and friendly manner at all times
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Hong Kong
- Cantonese and English language fluency are a must
- Outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic and caring about the environment are a plus
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Expected Start Date: 29/5/2021
Schedule: Weekends only
COVID-19 considerations: All customers are required to do a temperature check and wear masks at all times in-stores
Language: Cantonese and English (Preferred)