No description available.
Outward Bound is a non-profit making organisation created to help people discover and develop their potential to care for themselves, others and the world around them through challenging experiences in unfamiliar settings.
We believe that the untapped potential of each person can be discovered through exposure to real and powerful experiences and challenging practical tasks. Such experiences and tasks are at the core of any Outward Bound journey.
Outward Bound is intended to be catalytic; to encourage change and help each participant achieve self-awareness and an understanding of others. It embraces both personal development and preparation for life in society.
Outward Bound also accepts the inevitability of change, recognising the need to prepare future generations for the challenges to come.
- is open to all without regard to race, social class, occupation, gender or nationality
- uses direct dramatic experiences in new and unfamiliar surroundings
- demands adaptability, self-discipline, resourcefulness and perseverance in the face of challenge and uncertainty
- provides personal development through the challenge of the sea and other natural elements
- fastens the ideas and practices of active participation in the setting of a supportive community
- encourages participants to co-operate with others, to give service to and to accept responsibility for others
- stimulates the imagination and a sense of adventure, as well as fastens true appreciation and concern for the environment
- places emphasis on practical work in small groups with adequate time for reflection, discussion and critical appraisal
As OBHK continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of its participants and wider Hong Kong society, so the need to communicate our role and social value develops. We require a dynamic and values-driven marketing manager who is able to passionately and accurately communicate what we do and the importance of our work to participants, community organisations, funders and key decision makers. Success will require both long-term strategy as well as day-to-day marketing activities in support of our fundraising, advancement and sales teams.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop a communications strategy that aligns with the priorities defined by the Executive Committee and management. This will ensure that the benefit of our work and our social impact is widely understood and valued across Hong Kong society
• Liaise with colleagues from diverse teams to ensure the marketing activities reflects their priorities and developments. This includes:
o The Sales team, ensuring that our available courses are widely available and understood
o The Advancement team, ensuring that the social benefits of our work are effectively communicated to support their essential fundraising work
o The Operations team, ensuring that ongoing developments, successes and courses are effectively shared
o The Fundraising team, ensuring that events and particularly the impact of the money raised as a result are widely acknowledged
• Co-ordinate marketing colleagues to deliver on the marketing strategy
• Fully engage with the operations to understand our work, ongoing development and impact
• Analyse existing marketing impact and address deficits, identifying new opportunities and channels
• Ensure that our key messages are effectively communicated in both Chinese and English
Required Skills & Experience
• Values driven with a desire to further the mission, vision and philosophy of Outward Bound Hong Kong
• Outgoing, energetic, cheerful, patient personality enabling work across different departments
• Good command of spoken and written Chinese and English that can ensure high quality communication from the entire organisation
• The confidence and experience to identify priorities and work to achieve them
• Social media savvy writer with creative copy writing skills
• Experience and competence in appropriate software
• Education and experience that displays ability, ambition and competence
• Preferably 3-4 years of working experience in marketing related field
• Work location in Sai Kung area
👉Click ”I’m interested” to apply! Remember to FILL IN YOUR PROFILE and UPLOAD YOUR CV!
⚠️Empty profiles will NOT be considered