Business (Finance, HR etc.)
Everywhere it matters, Thales is there. In all its markets — aerospace, space, ground transportation, defence and security, and digital security — our solutions help customers to make the right decisions at the right time and act accordingly.
Thales Solutions Asia
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales is a global high technology leader investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust, which is vital to the development of our societies.
The combined expertise of our 80,000 employees, world-class technology, and operations in 68 countries have made Thales a key player in keeping the public safe and secure, guarding vital infrastructure and protecting the national security interests of countries around the globe.
Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.
To succeed, we must work as partners with our customers, listening to them, anticipating their needs and finding solutions together. By delivering on our promises and providing state-of-the-art solutions and top-quality service, we ensure the long-term satisfaction of our customers.
One Team, One Thales
We share responsibilities in a culture of loyalty, partnership and transparency. We encourage solidarity and cooperation at every level of the organisation. We are all on the same team and united in our actions.
Developing our people
Supporting the professional development of each employee is fundamental. We respect diversity and promote knowledge-sharing. We encourage dialogue. And we promote collective achievements as well as individual talents.
Accountable and committed to excellence
We strive to achieve excellence by acting with integrity, loyalty, accountability and professionalism in everything we do.
Agile and innovative
We aim to continually improve quality and work more efficiently. This means being ready to take risks, always demonstrating leadership, deciding quickly and acting on our decisions immediately. We strive to build on new ideas to achieve a competitive advantage.
The Digital Factory was launched in July 2017 in Paris as a fully-fledged internal digital company whose mission is to accelerate the digital transformation of Thales and its customers. It was expanded to Montreal in April 2018 and already hosts more than 230 experts in digital technologies (Cloud, Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity etc) and methods (design thinking, lean start-up, agile software development) to develop innovative products in close collaboration with future users.
The Digital Factory delivers first versions of new digital services in a few months to quickly test operational and business value, through Minimum Viable Products (MVP). With 15 MVPs already delivered within one year in domains such as air traffic management, avionics equipment repair, drone operations, airport passenger experience, maritime traffic, metros maintenance, the Digital Factory allows Thales’s customers to quickly experiment new solutions at a rapid rate to improve their operations and customers experience.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are seen by the members of your team to be not only a pillar of strength but a source of motivation and inspiration. You should be savvy with Linux Operating System and have worked with development teams to build the infrastructure pieces which might include CI/CD pipelines, integrating 3rd party software such as static or dynamic security analyzers into these same pipelines; we are super excited if you have prior software development experience before you adopted DevOps as this experience would allow you to quickly identify the needs of any development team and bridge them effectively. You should expect the role to be part of a global effort to support our users on our cloud platform via ticketing system. A part of this role will also require you to be on ticketing support. You should also be someone who is passionate about automating, trouble-shooting the CI/CD pipelines for robustness and reliability not only for your own squad but for other squads in the Digital Factory.
Expectations as a DevOps Engineer:
- Design and construct CI/CD pipelines leveraging cloud native technologies like IaC stack but not limited to Microsoft Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Work in an Agile Squad as an active member of the squad; being “active” means that you should be able to detect gaps which can be filled by either automation or a 3rd party tool as part of the CI/CD process
- Write and review the network infrastructure technical documentation
- Write and review the infrastructure user guide documentation for the purpose of aiding your team in using the infrastructure effectively
- Contribute best-practices & learnings back to the Digital Factory in Paris, Montreal and Singapore
- Assist users in trouble shooting issues they are experiencing with the cloud platform e.g. cloud-enabled distributed version control systems (DVC) is un-accessible, failing CI/CD pipelines.
- Assist users of cloud-deployed MVPs to trouble shoot their systems (Non-exhaustively, an example would like “Un-able to verify or validate identities via the Identity Access Management (IAM) modules deployed in the cloud”).
To be successful in the role, you should:
- Have working experience in a DevOps capacity within a development team, with knowledge of IaC stack, DVC tools, system-level programming languages , Linux OSes and SQL and No-SQL databases in production.
- Have knowledge of customer support ticketing systems e.g. Zendesk so that you can assist our users world wide to resolve their technical issues on the cloud platform.
- Understand Agile methodology and process
- Have a continuous learning mindset and learning of new paradigms, techniques & practices in build-test-release cycles and software automation
- Be an open communicator who communicates effectively across teams, locations and cultures
- Have courage of convictions with a high degree of humility
If this sounds like you, we’re eager to meet you! Click on "I'm Interested" to apply now!