Xccelerate enables students and companies to acquire the skills they need in Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Software Engineering and User Experience Design (UX).
We are currently based in Hong Kong, where we are working to build a strong, scalable model that we can expand throughout Asia within the next year.
Our mission is to provide accessible, cutting-edge tech education to empower individuals, businesses, and communities globally.
We are a young energetic team of enthusiasts, with members from world-wide ranging from Hong Kong, USA, UK, and India.
Our team is driven to improve society and human well-being through tech education.
We highly value each voice in the team, as we fearlessly push through borders by close collaboration on audacious ideas.
Our team strives by constantly improving, elevating the living standards for our learners, instructors and communities and unleashing talent to fight global problems.
We adapt the “FASTER” CULTURE.
F: Flawless Empowerment
Mission > team > me.
A: Audacious Execution
We ONLY stand for world-class excellence.
S: Simply Innovate
Better, Faster, Cheaper (Tech + Data + Magic)
T: Transformative Outcomes
Pioneering Long-Term Net Societal Benefit
E: Everyday Kaizen
Start Small. Dream Big. Learn Fast.
R: Respectful Collaboration
Small Teams = Big Results (1 + 1 = 11)
About the Role:
We are in search of cool, excitable and hard-working technical mentors looking to do the best work of their lives and take the Xccelerate platform to the next level!!
Here is your chance to shape the direction of tech education across Hong Kong. By changing the way that people acquire their technical skills and launch new careers in the tech space, you will be moving Hong Kong to a tech enabled work force and regional tech hub.
At Xccelerate we are on a mission to transform the global workforce through tech enablement and training across key innovation areas, and we are looking for data science technical mentors that can successfully assist our head of data science on in-house projects and carrying out our immersive data science boot camp for 10 months. You will be a critical knot that helps to hold our network together as we scale and deepen our value verticals. This is an excellent role for someone looking to grow with a dynamic team and begin their career in data science and machine learning.
- This is a 10 months role
- Work closely with the head of data science and other instructors to guide our students towards their new career journey in data science
- Strive for expertise in the subject of data science as you learn yourself from experienced instructors and reinforce your subject knowledge through mentoring
- Work with the team to shape an empowering, supportive, and energetic community that accommodates the various needs and learning styles of our students.
- Learn and document algorithms and the math behind popular machine learning algorithms
- Prepare course materials and exercises in programming with Python, R and Software
- Support students with capstone ML projects
- Assist instructional team to deliver presentations and seminars
- Liaise with the product and engineering team to work on ad-hoc in-house projects
- Fresh graduate in Computer Science / Data Science | 1+ year work experience in data science is a plus
- Previous experience as an educator and/or training provider preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English and Cantonese
- Strong programming skills in Python and R
- Ability to learn TensorFlow, Keras and PyTorch for deep learning
- Knowledge in NLP, Computer Vision, Reinforcement Learning, Knowledge in Statistical Learning and Modelling is preferred
- Business software in ML such as Microsoft Azure and Power/Tableau BI is a plus
- Alignment with our vision to empower and educate those who are passionate about technology but unable to find the right avenue
- Ability to work as part of a team, friendly personality, and open to new ideas
- Passionate about adult learning and education
👉What we offer:
-Value: It is in our DNA that every team member has a voice and we embrace everyone's individuality and ideas
-Growth: Clear career progression path and we make it our responsibility that every team member grows professionally and as an individual.
-Connection: Xccelerate family enjoys going for weekly team lunches and happy hour
-Innovation: Our team is constantly innovating to conquer bigger challenges.
-Up-skilling: We provide full scholarships for part-time courses and encourage the team to constantly up-skill themselves.
-Guidance: Mentoring and on-going support throughout your career with Xccelerate
-Culture: At Xccelerate we are a young vibrant and diverse team
👉Click ”I’m interested” to apply! Remember to FILL IN YOUR PROFILE and UPLOAD YOUR CV!
⚠️Empty profiles will NOT be considered