With one foot in the world of education and the other in technology, Preface aims to nurture and empower those with a passion to teach to suit the ever changing learning landscape around the world with our new educational product - Preface NOMAD.
Preface NOMAD reimagines a new classroom setting outside a traditional classroom and explores an environment that enables learning and teaching without physical limits or boundaries. All teachers will undergo a comprehensive training program provided by the certified MIT Trainers from Preface.
Since 2014, PREFACE has focused on providing education solutions to those that feels disconnected with the traditional learning methods. We believe that the world has improved and evolved at a speed that the education systems failed to match.
Driven by our motto that “There isn’t a thing that cannot be learnt”, PREFACE is here to deliver a solution to the mismatch via technology. We are here to offer a course so personalised that there isn’t a way a learner would be neglected; a curriculum so approachable that any learner would understand, and a delivery method so efficient that no one would say no to.
So don’t get us wrong, we are not just an education centre, but a game-changer and influencer in learning - from the learning spaces, our education Concept Store at Preface Coffee where coffee meets learning, to the course offerings and the new way of learning with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Technology.
We are scaling up quickly, and Preface needs someone to keep the momentum moving! If you are someone who is comfortable working in an agile environment, loves tackling market problem and influencing people, then you’re probably looking at the right job.
Read on if you want to thrive in our game-changing, yet fun and autonomous start-up culture!
As an ideal candidate, you will display the following core competencies:
- Passionate and believes in Preface’s mission and vibes
- Mature, self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Passionate about artificial intelligence and stay up-to-date with the latest developments in the field
- Enjoy breaking down problems into structured solutions, delivering actionable and data-driven insight
- Always curious about learning new things and taking up new challenges
- Strong communication skills not only to machines, but also humans
Your key responsibilities will be in the following areas:
- Understanding project objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with reasonable metrics to track their progress
- Supervising the data acquisition process, verifying data quality, and ensuring it through data cleaning
- Researching and implementing appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools
- Performing statistical analysis and fine-tuning according to test results
- Analyzing errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
- Deploying tested machine learning models and prototypes to production
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Proficiency with Python and basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn and pandas
- Expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets
- Deep knowledge of maths, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Keras