We (Ztore.com) are an online supermarket with same-day delivery, selling quality groceries and home essentials. You can simply buy what you want anywhere anytime online. Through our certificated payment gateway, you just choose your favorite delivery time slot and you will receive your delivery at home fast and safe.
Our vision is to Deliver A Better Living to our customers through choices that really matter and excellent service.
Ztore has an innovative and open-minded culture. Ztore blends the Traditional Values with cutting-edge technology. We develop our people by empowering them with decision-making authorities in everyday-life at Ztore.
Ztore is undergoing rapid expansion and we are looking forward to you joining our energetic and creative team. You will find out that it’s more than just a JOB.
In a nutshell, we are currently seeking non-believers of the status quo of e-commerce in Hong Kong, to join us as management trainee. We want someone who sees the world a little differently, who has the guts to challenge what has been done, and whose desires are burning, knowledge be broad, and tactics be radically resourceful. We expect the whole of you to set high standards, if not new paradigms for yourself, for the company, and beyond.
Why is this role important for our work?
Management trainees (MTs) make the biggest impact by improving/ changing/ creating "the critical 20%” of Ztore. Playing it to your strength, you will launch projects from end-to-end, and try to connect the dots among teams. But first, you need to have profound knowledge about the full business cycle and all facets of the market. And the best way to learn, as we believe -- is by output.
To list but a few, some of our previous MTs’ projects:
- Overseeing the relocation of warehouse, redesigning its structure alongside data & IT team, in order to maximize our warehouse efficiency
- Assisting the fundraising activities, such as sharpening our value proposition, preparing pitch decks, figures and numbers
- Hacking the market, besides deploying precisive funnel activities, also by launching viral marketing campaigns, to grow customer base and sales rapidly
- Building holistic models to make transparent our metrics, in such a way everyone can make quicker and better decisions
- Assisting co-founders to sharpen the company’s vision, missions, values, and strategies, and more importantly, to execute
… The MTs’ experience include but not limited to the above previous projects.
For incoming MTs this year, we will also strengthen your competencies as below:
Merchandising principles and market insights
- Project Management and product development cycle
- Data mindset and capabilities
- Business development from zero to one
- Customer Experience
On average, the programme lasts around 12-18 months, and you will land at the position where you will shine the most. But the "Day 1 mentality" as management trainee shall never end, essentially.
Some very basic requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or above in any discipline, literally – But you can’t lack common sense about business and e-commerce
- Less than 2 years’ work experience
- Excellent communication in both Cantonese and English
Still not clear enough? You are someone who probably:
- Sometimes can’t sleep at night, either you are working on something you fond of, or wondering “why” the world works in this way, but “why not” in the other way
- Once identified your pursuit, you become extremely geeky and resourceful, and try all the means to achieve that
- Even if you ended up failing, you failed gracefully, and rebounded with lessons well learned
- Have your set of values, intentions, skill sets that are slightly different from others, with clarity of differences in your mind, while doing OK with others (not necessarily everyone)
- Have broken the rules for a little, for example failing some university courses, but usually doing 10x much better than others in the things you truly love
- Humble to a point that there is nothing that you cannot learn from
- Have a life and have stories and have topics
- Have a game plan to grow Ztore into a multi-billion company (though we know it will most probably fail, but we are eager to know)
What we offer?
- Flexibility: 5-day work week, with flexible working hours
- Start up environment: Moonshot thinking, Fast-paced, Committed and Completely open
- Support for learning: Book allowance, workshops and retreats opportunities
- Talented team: Fun, Energetic, Diversified and Intelligence savvy
- Flexible dress code
- Competitive Remuneration
How to apply?
We understand Wantedly emphasizes on the shared vision and values between us. Please say "Hi" to us, and if we are on the same page, we shall dig deeper to ask you the following questions:
- How will retail industry become, in 10 years’ time? (<200 words)
- What is Ztore, and what could Ztore be to you? (<100 words)
- List the name, link, and reason (<100 word each) of 3 youtube videos/ books/ web pages/ anything that touched you the most.