No description available.
Outward Bound is a non-profit making organisation created to help people discover and develop their potential to care for themselves, others and the world around them through challenging experiences in unfamiliar settings.
We believe that the untapped potential of each person can be discovered through exposure to real and powerful experiences and challenging practical tasks. Such experiences and tasks are at the core of any Outward Bound journey.
Outward Bound is intended to be catalytic; to encourage change and help each participant achieve self-awareness and an understanding of others. It embraces both personal development and preparation for life in society.
Outward Bound also accepts the inevitability of change, recognising the need to prepare future generations for the challenges to come.
- is open to all without regard to race, social class, occupation, gender or nationality
- uses direct dramatic experiences in new and unfamiliar surroundings
- demands adaptability, self-discipline, resourcefulness and perseverance in the face of challenge and uncertainty
- provides personal development through the challenge of the sea and other natural elements
- fastens the ideas and practices of active participation in the setting of a supportive community
- encourages participants to co-operate with others, to give service to and to accept responsibility for others
- stimulates the imagination and a sense of adventure, as well as fastens true appreciation and concern for the environment
- places emphasis on practical work in small groups with adequate time for reflection, discussion and critical appraisal
首輪面試會係2020年7 月25日(星期六) ! Pass咗首輪面試就會被邀請參加2020年8 月1&2日(星期六-日), 連續兩日嘅 selection day!
有興趣做外展教練？Deadline喺 2020年7 月16日或之前填妥表格! 仲唔快啲 Click "want to visit"攞申請表？!
“Now I see the secret of making the best persons, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” - Walt Whitman
We are seeking mature, energetic and driven applicants to join our Outdoor Instructor Training Program. Successful applicants will take part in an intensive course to provide them with the relevant skills and experience to become eligible for employment as an instructor at Outward Bound Hong Kong. This is an accelerated and demanding program that offers international and local perspectives on outdoor adventure education. Our team of instructors at Outward Bound Hong Kong are driven, passionate, and adventurous both in their work and personal lives.
The first round selection will be held on 25 July 2020 (Sat) . Selected candidates from the first round will be invited to join the 2 days selection weekend on 1-2 Aug (Sat &Sun). Click "want to visit" and fill in the application form on or before 16 July 2020 (Thur)!
- Permanent Hong Kong resident
- Good communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Strong desire to work in challenging outdoor environments
- Belief in the value and potential of all people
- Personal belief in integrity, authenticity, and being genuine
- Able to work with a diverse range of people
Good to have requirements, BUT NOT A MUST:
- Valid Bronze Medallion Life-saving Qualification, equivalent, or higher
- Valid First-Aid Qualification, equivalent, or higher
- Prior experience in outdoor activities: sailing, hiking, climbing, sea kayaking, rock climbing, canoeing, etc.
- Prior experience working with people in educational group settings: children, youth, young adults, adults, etc.