Generation empowers young people to build thriving, sustainable careers and provides employers the highly skilled, motivated talent they need. Learn more at www.generation.org or find us at www.twitter.com/youemployed and http://instagram.com/youemployed.
We transform education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. We have a methodology that we believe can serve hundreds of thousands—and eventually millions—of people who are unemployed, underemployed, or need to learn new skills. Our program creates real business value for employers and lasting career impact for participants.
Go further, together
We are better together. We collaborate with and help others, both inside and outside of Generation.
Solve problems that matter
We work on activities that do the most to advance our mission, and rigorously measure our impact to guide where we spend our time and resources.
Better our best
We will never be perfect, and we always have more to learn. As long as we use data, experience, and dialogue to grow and improve, we are moving in the right direction.
Empower & support
We know that people do their best when treated with kindness and respect. We support and develop each other personally and professionally, allowing our unique talents and capabilities to flourish.
Here to serve
We commit to enabling the learning and growth of our participants, and to providing great talent for our employer partners. One alone is not enough, our success depends on serving both groups.
Be open & transparent
We believe in honest sharing. We welcome diverse perspectives, opinions, and ideas.
Generation Hong Kong seeks to recruit a Program Manager (Eldercare) to join an exciting new initiative on eldercare, aiming to sow the seeds on a new direction towards replenishing the eldercare sector with a reliable source of committed and compassionate new joiners, through direct involvement from like-minded employers in the end-to-end journey. The goal is that the passionate, empathetic graduates of the Program, with the way they approach their daily efforts, will also help inspire and amplify compassionate values among the clients and carers that they will serve.
The Program Manager (Eldercare) is a full-time role that will report directly to the Program & Operations Lead of Generation HK. The key responsibilities are:
• Overall Program Management: meeting operational targets for ongoing programs, being run in collaboration with local partners or by in house delivery team (Eg: Enrollment, Placement, On-job retention etc.)
• Collaborate with external training partners / in house delivery staff (instructors / mentors) to ensure smooth delivery of programs
• Learner Recruiting: manage recruitment & intake of learners as per pre-agreed screening criteria (could include pre-work, selection tests & interviews).
• Training bootcamp support: Oversee the daily program operations during the training bootcamp, ensure high-quality training delivery
• Executing ‘Placement’ activities for graduating learners, including industry outreach, jobs matching and learner preparation.
• Follow up with alumni and employers to collect ongoing feedback on their workplace performance (ROI) and use the insights to constantly recommend improvements to the operating model.
• Partner Management: Collaborating with key institutional stake-holders for ongoing program evaluation and expectation managementi
• Prepare and present regular dashboards customized for various stakeholders.
• All other duties as assigned by the Senior Management Team.
Candidates for this role would be expected to possess the following experience and qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years direct supervisory or management experience; extensive contacts within the eldercare
landscape will be an advantage.
• Passionate towards eldercare sector; strong understanding on the current trends, gaps and skills training landscape of the eldercare sector.
• Professional demeanour, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and attention to detail.
• Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from students and the leadership team.
• Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset required of start-ups that takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the program without guidance.
• Ability to work against firm deadlines to achieve the targets and objectives.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.