Generation empowers young people to build thriving, sustainable careers and provides employers the highly skilled, motivated talent they need. Learn more at www.generation.org or find us at www.twitter.com/youemployed and http://instagram.com/youemployed.
We transform education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. We have a methodology that we believe can serve hundreds of thousands—and eventually millions—of people who are unemployed, underemployed, or need to learn new skills. Our program creates real business value for employers and lasting career impact for participants.
Go further, together
We are better together. We collaborate with and help others, both inside and outside of Generation.
Solve problems that matter
We work on activities that do the most to advance our mission, and rigorously measure our impact to guide where we spend our time and resources.
Better our best
We will never be perfect, and we always have more to learn. As long as we use data, experience, and dialogue to grow and improve, we are moving in the right direction.
Empower & support
We know that people do their best when treated with kindness and respect. We support and develop each other personally and professionally, allowing our unique talents and capabilities to flourish.
Here to serve
We commit to enabling the learning and growth of our participants, and to providing great talent for our employer partners. One alone is not enough, our success depends on serving both groups.
Be open & transparent
We believe in honest sharing. We welcome diverse perspectives, opinions, and ideas.
Generation Hong Kong seeks to recruit a Program & Operations Lead who embodies our values, understands the future challenges and opportunities and is passionate about creating impact in Hong Kong’s education to employment ecosystem.
The Program & Operations Lead is a full-time role that will report directly to the Chief OperatingOfficer of Generation HK. S/he will lead the planning and developing of Generation HongKong’s portfolio of programs, and will be directly responsible for implementation/execution ofthe program. S/he will also manage a wider team comprising Program Managers, ProgramCoordinators and implementation partners, and will also work closely with other functional teams such as Employer Engagement, Curriculum & Instruction and Marketing & LearnerRecruitment.
The key responsibilities are:
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND SCALING:
– Contribute to the design and subsequent iterations thereof of existing and new employer-led training models for entry-mid level jobs with the objective of making them sustainable,scalable and replicable across the skills training landscape.
– Contribute to developing the strategy for scaling up training models - how to scale, who to scale with, when and where to scale – and source and build relationships with new employers that fit relevant profiles and increase the size of our employer consortium by job group.
– Contribute to the development of ROI frameworks, tools and data collection processes for existing and new job roles and oversee the data collection process and any associated contractors via the Program Management team.
Oversee the implementation of Generation training programmes via the program management team:
– Ensure Key program objectives of scale, quality and sustainability are met at all times.
– Manage and develop any provider relationships ensuring they fulfil their contractual obligations.
– Ensure program delivery/operations is aligned with Generation methodology and standard operating procedures across the recruitment, training, transition to employment and ROI collection phases of the methodology.
– Conduct periodic provider evaluation to ensure Generation is improving the quality of implementation where possible or terminating relationships and partnering with more appropriate providers where appropriate.
Develop relationships with targeted employers to:
– Ensure that all trainings are covered 1.5 times in terms of available jobs.
– Engage them in partnership mode.
– Ensure their specific requirements are addressed and that they honour their side of the partnership agreement.
Manage program team involving:
– Co-developing their respective team and individual role briefs and objectives.
– Detailing their work plans with major activities and milestones.
– Conducting regular performance reviews in line with pre-agreed expectations and performance standards.
– Providing support where required to ensure activities are completed on time and to agreed standards as well as to ensure individuals develop both professionally and personally in their roles.
– Manage resource levels (part time vs full time) to ensure optimal resource utilization of people and assets.
– Support in measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of Generation students, instructors, mentors and alumni on an ongoing basis in coordination with the curriculum and quality team.
– Support the reporting of program outcomes to funders and leadership.
– Ensure all relevant legal documentation is completed, up to date and appropriately stored asper Generation Hong Kong’s requirements and that all team members are aware of any protocols and standards.
Candidates for this role would be expected to possess the following experience and qualifications:
– Minimum 8+ years of relevant experience, with at least 4+ years direct supervisory or management experience.
– Creative and analytical thinker with a track record of managing projects and delivering operational targets.
– Professional demeanour, excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail.
– Interest in leading a community based coalition that stretches across multiple local organizations.
– Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from Generation students and the Generation team
– Positive, solutions orientated attitude, drive for excellence and ability to be a team player.
– Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset required of start-ups that takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the programme without guidance.
– Ideal candidate will have experience working with educational institutions, and/or has knowledge of current trends, issues and the players in the skills training landscape.
– Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.