Generation empowers young people to build thriving, sustainable careers and provides employers the highly skilled, motivated talent they need. Learn more at www.generation.org or find us at www.twitter.com/youemployed and http://instagram.com/youemployed.
We transform education to employment systems to prepare, place, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible. We have a methodology that we believe can serve hundreds of thousands—and eventually millions—of people who are unemployed, underemployed, or need to learn new skills. Our program creates real business value for employers and lasting career impact for participants.
Go further, together
We are better together. We collaborate with and help others, both inside and outside of Generation.
Solve problems that matter
We work on activities that do the most to advance our mission, and rigorously measure our impact to guide where we spend our time and resources.
Better our best
We will never be perfect, and we always have more to learn. As long as we use data, experience, and dialogue to grow and improve, we are moving in the right direction.
Empower & support
We know that people do their best when treated with kindness and respect. We support and develop each other personally and professionally, allowing our unique talents and capabilities to flourish.
Here to serve
We commit to enabling the learning and growth of our participants, and to providing great talent for our employer partners. One alone is not enough, our success depends on serving both groups.
Be open & transparent
We believe in honest sharing. We welcome diverse perspectives, opinions, and ideas.
Generation Hong Kong seeks to recruit a Marketing & Learner Recruitment Manager to join the Generation X CLAP initiative, under CLAP for Youth @ JC (“CLAP”) phase II which is a five-year project initiated by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. It will focus on fostering a sustainable ecosystem to facilitate youth with their transition from school to work, enabling them to pursue a fulfilling life through cross sector collaborations in school, community and workplace.
The Marketing & Learner Recruitment Manager is a full-time role that will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of Generation HK, will lead marketing communications strategies for both Generation X CLAP and Benchmark (e.g. through graduates stories, yearly EA survey),and monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
The key responsibilities are:
Marketing & Communications:
– Deliver marketing activities and communications campaigns to engage stakeholders(including donors, employers, learners and government organizations).
– Create a wide range of different marketing materials including pitching decks, flyers, videos etc., and standardize communications materials across all functions and programs.
– Coordinate and deliver social media activity across a range of channels.
– Supporting outreach and engagement activity with relevant stakeholders.
– Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns, and make recommendations where applicable.
– Coordinate and write of copy and content for a range of media including print and digital
– Support media activity, with the sourcing of stories from across the organization and student body to raise the profile.
– Develop and execute internal marketing communications to ensure an organization-wide understanding of the marketing goals.
– Liaise with event organizers, influencers and other key employment forums and other appropriate and relevant people to enhance mentoring, funding and connections.
– Creating, planning, management and implementation of employer networking events and other publicity events.
Candidates for this role would be expected to possess the following experience and qualifications:
– A believer in the value of creating social good and social innovation, passionate about youth development and embrace teamwork and collaborations.
– Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset required of start-ups that takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the program without guidance.
– Innovative, creative and analytical with a track record of managing marketing projects.
– High degree of independence and experience with self-management.
– Positive, solutions orientated attitude, drive for excellence and ability to be a team player.
– Experience in events / communications / digital marketing, and strong understanding of social media trends, content and platforms.
– Excellent command of written and spoken English & Chinese (Cantonese) is a must.
– Minimum 5+ years of related work experience, with Degrees in related areas such as business, marketing or communications will be advantageous.
– Ideal candidate will have experience working with educational institutions, and/or has knowledge of current trends in adult learning, issues and the players in the skills training landscape.