With one foot in the world of education and the other in technology, Preface aims to nurture and empower those with a passion to teach to suit the ever changing learning landscape around the world with our new educational product - Preface NOMAD.
Preface NOMAD reimagines a new classroom setting outside a traditional classroom and explores an environment that enables learning and teaching without physical limits or boundaries. All teachers will undergo a comprehensive training program provided by the certified MIT Trainers from Preface.
Since 2014, PREFACE has focused on providing education solutions to those that feels disconnected with the traditional learning methods. We believe that the world has improved and evolved at a speed that the education systems failed to match.
Driven by our motto that “There isn’t a thing that cannot be learnt”, PREFACE is here to deliver a solution to the mismatch via technology. We are here to offer a course so personalised that there isn’t a way a learner would be neglected; a curriculum so approachable that any learner would understand, and a delivery method so efficient that no one would say no to.
So don’t get us wrong, we are not just an education centre, but a game-changer and influencer in learning - from the learning spaces, our education Concept Store at Preface Coffee where coffee meets learning, to the course offerings and the new way of learning with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Technology.
We are scaling up quickly, and Preface needs someone to keep the momentum moving! If you are someone who is comfortable working in an agile environment, loves tackling market problem and influencing people, then you’re probably looking at the right job.
Read on if you want to thrive in our game-changing, yet fun and autonomous start-up culture!
As an ideal candidate, you will display the following core competencies:
- Enjoy working with numbers, and is attentive to detail
- Confident in presenting complex and abstract concepts in easy-to-understand ways
- Able to turn problem statements into structured solutions and partner cross-functionally to act on them
- Have a collaborative approach to his/her work environment and is an enthusiastic contributor to the company’s culture
- Optimizing processes, being accurate and quick
Your key responsibilities will be in the following areas:
- Assist in driving finance and business outcomes through the efficient allocation of resources and data-driven insights
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s operation and its related financial and operating levers to drive leverage and efficiency
- Develop a deep, quantitative and qualitative understanding of Preface’s product base to identify growth opportunities
- Track, predict and improve key monetization drivers
- Assist on finance-related activities and business planning on all finance deliverables
- Recommend best practices to your Manager for the benefit of the company related to finance and budgeting matters
- Build, communicate and maintain policies, guidelines, and procedures as laid out
- Detail-oriented with accurate data entry skills
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial planning is preferred
- Experience building spreadsheets and decks
- Proficient in basic computer skills, in particular, spreadsheets
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills