Business (Finance, HR etc.)
In 2017, the Hong Kong Insurance Authority launched the virtual insurance license scheme and opened up unprecedented possibilities for the industry. Before this, a group of actuaries quit their comfortable jobs to become outsiders and really focus on how the industry could finally be modernized and truly serve its original noble purposes.
After rigorous examination of our financial resources, management expertise and technological capabilities, Bowtie was approved by the Insurance Authority on December 2018 to become Hong Kong's first virtual insurer.
Insurance is fundamentally good, but the current system is backward. Instead of serving its original purpose of providing protection, far too many insurance products in Hong Kong are designed with savings or investments in mind and complex fine print.
Bowtie believes insurance should be protection-focused, transparent and truly customer-centric. Zero commission is only the first step. By eliminating paper and simplifying the insurance experience, Bowtie's mission is to deliver real insurance that is tailored to each and every customer.
The Co-Founders and Co-CEOs of Bowtie, Fred and Michael, are home-grown serial entrepreneurs who left their comfortable actuarial roles at global advisory firms in the United States to start two successful insurtech start-ups in Hong Kong prior to founding Bowtie.
Inspired by the founders' vision, Bowtie has attracted talent from both local and Silicon Valley tech startups, as well as former C-level executives from international insurance companies to drive industry change.
As a digital-first company, we always striving to educate, engage and build strong relationship with prospects and existing customers through sharing relevant and engaging information or content on our website, blogs and social media regularly.
About the Role
As our SEO content writer, you will be the voice of Bowtie and you will be producing engaging web copy that educate the audience about insurance, Bowtie’s brand and offerings.
Your major responsibilities include:
- Write SEO-friendly top quality copies on our websites, blogs and other marketing collaterals
- Review and optimize existing copies on our websites to enhance on-page relevance and search engine discoverability
- Research on trending topics that are relevant to our industry, brand, and audiences
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
You are a prolific writer who:
- Have 1+ year of experience in produce grammatical, clear and concise content in both Chinese and English
- Understand your readers and write contents that appeal to them with the right tone
- Use SEO keywords in a natural sounding way
- Fact-check and research on topics to identify trustworthy information
- Are detail minded and meticulous about your work
- Perform well under deadlines and pressure
- Understanding of SEO principles is a plus but not a must
How to Apply
Get in touch today by sending your profile and work samples in both Chinese and English.
Remember to highlight any relevant experiences and achievements to make your application stands out!
* Application with no work samples will not be processed.
We believe that people are the heart of our business, we support our people to pursue their inspiration and cultivate their expertise - we strive to be the platform for you to develop your career, not just an employer to offer you a job. Some of our awesome perks include:
- Fun, co-operative and flexible startup culture
- Weekly sharing sessions and regular happy-hour gatherings
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits include medical/ dental coverage and wellness program
- Professional development sponsorship