At F-drones, we are building the world’s first transition drone to enable aerial deliveries to oil rigs and ships. Our unique design will have a combination of heavy payload and long range capabilities that would put other existing delivery drones to shame. With such incredible specs, our drone can still take-off vertically, fly like a fixed-wing aircraft, and land on a moving target.
Consumer-grade drones are passe; We are building aviation-grade drones that would set high safety and reliability standards. We aim to be the leader of heavy payload drone logistics across industries in 5 years.
F-drones is an early stage startup backed by some exciting entities. We are looking to build an exceptional & passion-driven core team to lead strategic developments.
You will join us as a core team member and lead the autopilot development at F-drones. This is multifaceted and you are expected to build, manage and develop a team as we progress.
The software stack would be based on either PX4 or Ardupilot and you will be responsible to coordinate with Computer Vision, Embedded and Design teams to build robust autopilot software for the targeted use cases. The target is to build an aviation-standard autopilot with features like VISLAM (for vision based navigation), detect and avoid, multi-sensor based landing system and smart fail-safes. You are expected to develop/modify control algorithms (based on the feedback from various sub-systems) to suit the flight profile and standard operating procedure.
C/C++ will be the main language used across multiple codebases. ROS may be used by other systems like VISLAM etc., Development should follow software certification standards (aviation) and you must establish processes with other teams to ensure that these standards are met. Extensive SIL and HIL simulations must be performed before field testing. Since BVLOS is the main mode of operations, you are required to develop controlling over LTE capabilities.
● Masters in Electronics/Computer science/Aerospace or similar discipline. Exceptional individuals with lower academic qualifications may be considered.
● More than 3 years experience working on flight control software development
● Experience in the entire product development lifecycle, and able to prioritise and meet
● Excellent knowledge and understanding of UAV System Dynamics, Flight Mechanics and
● Experience with PX4 or ardupilot
● Programming experience in C++, Python, ROS, Linux
● You preach and put into practice the importance of maintainability, relentless testing and
enjoy implementing best practices
● Know-how of RTOS (multi-threading, multi-tasking, POSIX APIs) is a plus
● Know-how of communication protocols such as MAVLINK, RTPS/DDS
● Experience with Arm-based microcontrollers (STM32 F4 and F7 families is a plus) and
embedded peripherals (USB, SPI, UART, I2C, CAN, DMA, ADC, timers)