Guidepoint connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from our global professional network. Our clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by our Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions.
Our multinational client list includes nine of the top 10 global consulting firms, hundreds of hedge funds (including five of the largest firms), and many of the largest private equity firms and Fortune-ranked companies. Guidepoint’s eleven offices on three continents provide 24/7, quick and agile service. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.
In Guidepoint, we hope to improve the business of clients by leveraging the insights and perspectives shared by our Advisors.
Guidepoint prides itself on the following key values in every aspect of our business: intellectual curiosity, tenacity, integrity, resourcefulness, responsibility, and service. Our industry-leading work shines as a result of concentrated effort to lead with these values.
At Guidepoint, we are committed to our responsibility as social citizens. We frequently work together to raise funds for both local and international causes, and our teams enjoy participating in group activities outside of the office for non-profit organizations.
We also offer numerous benefits such as time off policies, quality healthcare coverage options, a 401k plan, commuter benefits and free office snacks.
The Client Service team is the backbone of Guidepoint’s success. The team is responsible for efficiently delivering Guidepoint’s services to our clients around the world. We work to understand each client’s unique business questions and help them gain critical insights to stay informed and make better business decisions. As an Associate on the Client Service team you will focus on making the right connections between our clients and Advisors across numerous industries. Your role will focus on researching industries relevant to client project requests and recruiting elite subject matter experts into our network to ensure the right connection is made. After you master these core skills of recruiting and connecting Advisors with clients, you will gain additional exposure to more complex project and client relationship management as you grow your career here and move into Research Manager and Project Manager roles. Come work with us to deliver the best service in the industry and help our clients make some of the most important business decisions in today’s economy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Review and analyze client research requests and use a range of resources to identify the most relevant subject matter experts across geographies, industries, and topics for each project
- Utilize the phone, LinkedIn, and outreach to recruit new Advisors to join the Guidepoint network by effectively communicating why their expertise is a good match for the specific project you’re working on
- Screen experts for their suitability for specific client projects and create professional profiles for client consideration
- Operate with a teamwork mentality that leads to building and maintaining strong relationships with other Guidepoint employees, offices, and Advisors
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Must be fluent in Japanese (writing, reading, speaking)
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record required
- Outgoing personality with the ability to speak with people at all professional levels
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
WHAT WE HAVE:
- The amazing office environment at WeWork Marounouchi
- Snacks and beverages
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Friday”
- Year-round company-sponsored sports and team building events to achieve work-life balance
- Informal work environment
- Entrepreneurial, diverse, international culture