Hong Kong School of Music and Drama is a company that develops an online music education platform and establishes international music schools to provide teaching. We believe that music is for “everyone” and can be learnt “everywhere” and have embarked whole heartedly on a ‘hundred year’ project to help provide quality services to music students throughout their lifetime.
In 2012, Hong Kong School of Music and Drama established its first professional international music school in Hong Kong. Over the years with commitment to providing a superior learning environment, we have developed the advanced teaching system and school management model of internationally renowned music academies. We continue to develop opportunities for musicians, educators, professional teachers and students and are committed to the exploration of music talents of the next generation.
In 2017, Hong Kong School of Music and Drama created the online music education platform. It brings together the world’s top music masters, educators and teaching resources and brings to life music education in combination with the “Internet of Things” for organising online and offline activities which are both healthy for music learning, and sustainable. Hong Kong School of Music and Drama hopes to create a platform which has no borders to those who love music and to aid the nationwide development of music education. Through strategic cooperation we intend to nurture communities of music masters, professional teachers, music students with the aid of new technologies so music teaching can truly exist without borders.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
· Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
· Make important policy, planning, and strategy decisions.
· Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
· Assist HR with recruiting when necessary.
· Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
· Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and auditing.
· Work with senior stakeholders.
· Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
· Work with the board of directors to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
· Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
· Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
· Support worker communication with the management team.
· Help senior management implement and execute their business strategies and plans, supported by in-depth market assessment and data analysis;
· Assist senior management in translating that vision into concrete actions and support them along major business transformations
· Shape school's operating models and organisation making in line with key strategic objectives
· Drive business initiatives as directed by the senior management
· Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations
· Provides strategic leadership of the school’s professional support services and advises the Principal and Directorate on the full range of issues and commercial opportunities in estates and venues, IT, and HR.
· Responsible for strategic developments and continuous improvement to ensure an effective and efficient support service.
· Accountable for ensuring that the physical infrastructure is fit for purpose and maintained to a high standard.
· Responsible for overall health and safety matters within the College.
We are looking for exceptional individuals from top tier schools. Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
Other required qualifications include:
· Outstanding track record of academic performance with a continuous learning attitude
· Demonstrated leadership and operational skills and ability to collaborate in a team environment
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Exceptional interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
· Fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English verbally and in writing
· Knowledge of Music is definitely an advantage