Ley Ley Loh
JobKred is workforce transformation platform that uses AI and data
science to understand the evolving industry skills demand and guides
people to close their skills gaps and navigate the future of work.
Inspired by Gary's (CEO) personal experiences as a small business and startup owner,
the focus turned to helping companies with one of their major challenges - recruitment.
Finding a good hire can be tricky and tedious, but it remains a critical component of
a company's success.
JobKred started out as a weekend project, while co-founders Gary
and Steven were still in full-time jobs. Initially with an emphasis on finding
out how to quantify a person's job credibility (Job-Kred), the big data
research was carried out over many months, and led to the creation
of the algorithms used by JobKred today.
From Gary Gan (CEO):
I think the best thing that people can gain from working with us is the experience
of working with the team on this task, and learning from the other team members
as well. If you have an interest in helping people, and learning about launching
a startup, JobKred would be an ideal place for you.
For this position, your core duties and responsibilities will be
• Implement new features, code refactoring and bug fixing
• Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels. Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
• Managing application lifecycle and ecosystem
We're looking for someone who has the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Software
• 2-3 years in Full-stack development experience designing and building web applications and web services, with a stronger need for backend experience
• Knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code
• Able to write understandable, testable, secure code with an eye towards maintainability
• Strong command in PHP, MySql, HTML5, CSS and JQuery is a must
• Strong affinity towards PHP coding skills and willingness to develop Web Applications using Laravel
• Experience or exposure in development of Large CMS, e-commerce website, payment integration, shipping integration or general API integration with third party services
• Good understanding of JQuery, PHP, AngularJS, web-services, JSON
• Experience in Python, Ruby, Go, C and Java preferred but by no means a must
• Understanding of MVC design patterns for front-end technologies and understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application Integration of multiple data sources and databases
• Good knowledge of Apache/Nginx, Composer, NodeJS, Yarn, Webpack or web package managers
• Exposure to SEO, User Experience, Usability and Accessibility is a plus
• Possess strong computer science fundamentals; data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems and information retrieval
If the above fits, you are the one we are looking for. Let's chat. Click 'I'm Interested' to apply!