Rooftop Republic’s team has been pioneering the urban farming movement over the last five years. Our vision is to revolutionise the food system and transform the relationship people have with their food.
We are a truly multi-disciplinary team and we collaborate with architects, engineers, organic farmers, chefs and nutritionists to develop and deliver urban farming solutions.
Our innovative approach and end-to-end services - from design, installation to maintenance and community engagement - aims to incorporate urban farms into city-dwellers’ lifestyles and make it commonplace.
At Rooftop Republic we are enthusiastic about the potential for urban farming to transform both urban spaces and mindsets in Hong Kong and to contribute to making our city more sustainable and liveable.
Rooftop Republic Urban Farming is awarded the following recognition at the Social Enterprise Awards 2017 Hong Kong:
Most Outstanding Social Enterprise (Meritorious)
Most Innovative Social Enterprise
Rooftop Republic is also honoured to be an awardee of the DBS Social Enterprise Grant 2018.
We work with companies to enhance their sustainability programmes and corporate social responsibility profile.
We help developers and architects incorporate urban farms into their projects, enhancing the building's sustainability and promoting the users' wellbeing.
Food & Beverage
We partner with F&B outlets to help them grow their own organic produce. We also collaborate with chefs across the city to run joint farm to table events.
We work alongside community based organisations to use urban farming as a tool to engage disadvantaged groups and integrate them more strongly into society.
Education is at the core of our work. We help schools and educational institutions integrate farming into their curricular or extracurricular activities.
We are growing our team and we're now seeking a Business Development Manager to join us! This role will give you the opportunity to grow the urban farming movement in the city, get first-hand experience at urban farm projects in Hong Kong, and also be part of our journey of social entrepreneurship towards transforming our city into a greener and more edible space!
1. Lead in the sales and business development process from initiating contact, generating leads among prospective clients, responding to new enquiries with high-quality proposals.
2. Analyze and understand customer profiles and needs, future product/service plans, expansion activities, and the market landscape.
3. Develop proposals and urban farming solutions to meet the clients’ needs and to build new opportunities.
4. Manage the sales pipeline, and provide regular reporting on performance.
5. Support the marketing team in identifying audience segments, supporting initiatives and B2B events and campaigns to generate interest and greater adoption of urban farming.
6. Ensure proposal objectives and deliverables maximize operating profit and revenue growth.
7. Represent and provide market exposure for Rooftop Republic at industry events, conferences, and trade shows.
8. Lead in delivering and implementing confirmed projects.
We are looking for a candidate who:
1. Has a degree in Marketing/Business or in a similar discipline
2. Has 4-5 years of experience in B2B Business Development or Sales
3. With a proven track record in pitching and winning businesses with new and existing customers.
4. Has strong verbal and communication skills and has the ability to cultivate good customer relationships.
5. Possesses strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
6. Is a self starter who has the ability to work independently.
7. Has an interest and concern for agriculture, the environment and social issues.
8. Is able to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at the same time - willing to get his/her hands dirty as necessary to move fast and get things done.
9. Loves the outdoors and nature.
10. A good command in Chinese (Cantonese) and English (speaking & writing) required.
11. Right to work in Hong Kong. Rooftop Republic cannot provide a visa at this time.
Candidates with knowledge in organic farming, gardening will have an advantage.
You may be required to work on weekends where necessary (off-days to be given in-lieu)
The level of appointment will commensurate with qualifications and experience. Less experienced candidates may be considered for the Executive position.
(All information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.)