I Heart Studios is a highly creative digital content studio based in London and Amsterdam. In Q1 2019 we are opening in Hong Kong to establish the 3rd location and become a global player. We are unique due to our fashion origins and distinctive personality. We are also unique in the market because we offer a full service to clients from highest quality product photography through to conceptual creative imagery.
We were founded in 2008 out of the simple belief that exceptional imagery is fundamental to enhancing brand perceptions and increasing online sales, and we produce best-quality visual content for a selection of high profile clients.
Within the fiercely competitive fashion market we understand that brands and retailers demand high-quality photographic content, provided more often and more quickly, and all delivered as seamlessly as possible.
By forging genuine relationships with our clients we aim to change the very concept of a digital content studio partner.
We produce the highest quality digital content for a range of clients from across the industry, whether shooting on location or in our London and Amsterdam studios. A multi-channel approach gives our clients maximum exposure across traditional platforms as well as the ability to amplify content through social media channels.
The Business Operations & Planning Manager is one of the managerial roles within our organization looking after all operational elements of the business. This role impacts both back offices and studio floor operations and extends the commercial organization through enablement.
As the Operations & Planning Manager, you will take ownership of process development, infrastructure creation and operational planning/execution to ensure that organisational capabilities and capacity are in line with requirements and needs of our client base.
Although the role is operational in nature, it will need tactical and strategical thinking to ensure we are always adding value, drive efficiency and effectiveness without losing quality.
As our Hong Kong business is in a start-up, this role will also be involved in the shaping of I Heart Studios within the market place, working with the CEO on future opportunities and contributing to a wider view of what digital content will entail in the future.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
• Lead & manage a cross-functional team across studio, stock room, post-production and back office to success. Integrate them in the wider business, develop them to be independent and to drive excellence in every they do
o Teams: photography, styling, stock room, client services and human resources (at later stage)
• Inspire the team to help them achieve their objectives.
• Inspire and coach the team, deliver training and excellence in their field of expertise
• Hire future talent and develop the wider team to new levels through activity career management
Strategy & Tactical Adoption
• Provide insight and direction on operational & tactical direction of the business
• Lead and facilitate direction, operational evolution and continues new thinking
• Own operational effectiveness and efficiency across the studio
• Drive workflow creation, refinement, optimization, management, and training
• Management of business capacity, allocation, and prioritization in line with contractual agreements and business priorities
• Manage Studio teams, processes, and workload on a daily basis
• Champion continues process improvement across the business
• Produce and deliver shoots in line with client requirements and IHS quality
• Develop and manage forward-looking plans, highlight risks and suggest improvements
• Support strategic business & process (planning) initiatives
• Establish and secure business continuity and operations
• Manage, optimize and control resource planning across the studio
• Establish clear roles and responsibilities across the business operational departments to ensure we always add value and maximize resources
Communications / Reporting
• Establish and drive clear communication across the organization
• Define, develop and maintain clear KPI reports and business scorecards
• Provide monthly board meeting input
• Manage all operational communications between the client and I Heart Studios studio team and ensure an appropriate level of communication across the organization
• Lead team meetings, co-host business update meetings with the CEO & management team, empower open and honest communications across all areas
• Lead from the front through visible leadership behaviors
• Management members with direct impact and influence on the future of the business
• Challenge the norm, set the bench and continuously challenge the status quo
• Provide insights, vision, and direction to the organization within and outside of the direct area of responsibilities
• Bring a continuous improvement mindset and own/drive this within the organization
Skills and Experience Required
● Educational degree to university level (BA)
● 5 Years plus experience in both operational (creative) execution as well as financial/planning management preferably in the creative industries
● Excellent spoken and written communications skills in English, Mandarin & Cantonese
● Proven leadership skills + Strong organizational and written skills
● Good project and people management skills
● Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner – to be perceptive and adoptive to continues changing environment and client needs to be delivered through resourceful and insightful management
● A professional manner and good people skills for client-facing and internal colleagues
● Ability to work well under pressure
● MS Office fluency
● People management
● Multi-tasking and prioritization
● Attention to detail
● Relationship building
● Perceptive communications
● Team player and motivator