Innosparks, an Open Lab set up in mid 2017 by ST Engineering is the first of its kind engineering-based incubator in Singapore. As a dynamic innovation platform and springboard to new and disruptive technologies, the Open Lab offers a pool of skilled engineers, beyond just advanced equipment and labs to support innovators in accelerating the development of their ideas to prototypes and products. The Open Lab has opened its doors to engineers from ST Engineering, as well as to start-ups / early stage companies locally and internationally to collaborate, research and develop new concepts with this expert team of engineers at the Open Lab. Recent successful innovations through Innosparks include the award-winning AIR+ Smart Mask and the Airbitat Smart Cooler.
The genius of invention goes hand in hand with the ability to create and build.
At Innosparks, engineering powers ideas, transforming sparks of ideas into real-world solutions through open innovation and accelerate breakthrough innovations that can make a real impact. User-centric, market-driven, we’re here to co-create, collaborate and partner entrepreneurs and startups to solve the big challenges in urban cities.
The Open Lab houses multidisciplinary resident engineers, equipped with both hardware and software tools for rapid prototyping and product development, all in one dedicated space. Geared to accelerate technology innovations and designed for open access, the Open Lab serves to encourage co-creation, collaboration, experimentation and launch breakthrough concepts to market. It is sited in Singapore’s JTC LaunchPad @ one-north, a vibrant and nurturing environment for start-ups and incubators.
The Platform Developer Lead is a leadership role that is accountable for the successful delivery of software solutions for Innosparks. As the Platform Developer Lead, you are responsible for designing and implementing software solutions to achieve business objectives, working closely with other stakeholders to ensure product-market fit. An expert in software, you will manage high-level design choices and dictate technical standards including software coding standards, tools and platforms.
● Ensure delivery consistent with Agile processes across the team
● Work effectively with Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities
● Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities
● Accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of software development project
● Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT infrastructure
● Utilize tools, technology, and various methodologies to create functional and intuitive solutions for user interfaces of desired products
● Develop and implement product specifications
● Pay attention to system integration, sustainability, and feasibility
● Manage all phases of technology development
● Oversee and supervise the work of the development team
● Guide and train developers and engineers
● Suggest and implement solutions for process improvement
● Adhere to all the requirements and guidelines for quality, security, extensibility, etc.
● 10+ years of experience in Software Development and Architecting experience.
● Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
● Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
● Excellent understanding in one or more object oriented programming languages such as C#, Java
● Data modelling and database design experience in both SQL and NoSQL datastores
● Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
● Experience with designing and implementing distributed systems
● Experience with Event Sourcing architecture
● Experience with cloud native architectures
● Experience with DevOps processes and tools
● Experience with Agile methodologies particularly with Lean and Kanban