Innosparks, an Open Lab set up in mid 2017 by ST Engineering is the first of its kind engineering-based incubator in Singapore. As a dynamic innovation platform and springboard to new and disruptive technologies, the Open Lab offers a pool of skilled engineers, beyond just advanced equipment and labs to support innovators in accelerating the development of their ideas to prototypes and products. The Open Lab has opened its doors to engineers from ST Engineering, as well as to start-ups / early stage companies locally and internationally to collaborate, research and develop new concepts with this expert team of engineers at the Open Lab. Recent successful innovations through Innosparks include the award-winning AIR+ Smart Mask and the Airbitat Smart Cooler.
The genius of invention goes hand in hand with the ability to create and build.
At Innosparks, engineering powers ideas, transforming sparks of ideas into real-world solutions through open innovation and accelerate breakthrough innovations that can make a real impact. User-centric, market-driven, we’re here to co-create, collaborate and partner entrepreneurs and startups to solve the big challenges in urban cities.
The Open Lab houses multidisciplinary resident engineers, equipped with both hardware and software tools for rapid prototyping and product development, all in one dedicated space. Geared to accelerate technology innovations and designed for open access, the Open Lab serves to encourage co-creation, collaboration, experimentation and launch breakthrough concepts to market. It is sited in Singapore’s JTC LaunchPad @ one-north, a vibrant and nurturing environment for start-ups and incubators.
- Design and implement databases with high availability and resiliency in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Design and implement for fast recovery and backup of data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform regular checks and evaluations to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Electing features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator and with some experience as a Data Scientist
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Familiar with tools for creating rich visualisations, such as PowerBI, Tableau
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc
- Great communication skills
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security