PAKTOR is hiring! 😉
To provide personal and meaningful connections through our suite of dating platforms and services.
Paktor was founded with the mission of connecting singles in Asia through technology enabled platforms. To date, Paktor’s platforms have grown rapidly across the region and established leadership positions in each of the company’s key markets in Asia. With a user base of over 22 million, Paktor has successfully created 100 million matches.
NOT JUST A DATING APP
Paktor launched in 2013, when our co-founder Joseph Phua found himself single after a failed relationship. Since its inception, the app has been all about the romantic aspects of people meeting each other; its very name is the Hokkien expression for “going on a date”.
As our company and vision progressed, as we learned more things, we realized that people meet other people at different parts of their lives. They can be at work, out with friends and drinking, at activities where friends invite new friends. Thinking larger, you can meet new people during every aspect of your life, and what we want to try to do is fulfill and serve those aspects within one platform.
To drive our mission of connecting singles in Asia, we have built an online app and an offline dating agency to promote the romantic aspects of people meeting each other:
PAKTOR – THE APP
Leveraging our proprietary technologies and first-mover advantage, Paktor’s flagship app has become the most successful social networking app for singles in the region. With a user base of 22 million, Paktor has successfully created 100 million matches. We are poised to become the first company to provide a comprehensive suite of products to our users across the dating vertical, focused on creating value for various segments of our target audience, in the process ensuring maximum industry coverage and further dominance.
GAIGAI – GO ON DATES!
GaiGai (走街) is the leading offline dating agency in Singapore that is wholly owned by Paktor Group. Headquartered in the sunny shores of Singapore, GaiGai serves to offer a physical channel of connecting people, particularly singles. Forget exorbitant prices, mundane events and awkward moments. We provide modern matching services which are focused on casual settings, great company, and low prices that make effective dating affordable to everyone.
The idea behind GaiGai is to create a vibrant environment where we provide our members with the opportunity to interact with other members beyond their circle of friends and empower them with relevant social skills to be more approachable when meeting new people. In the long run, we hope to contribute to the local dating scene and foster opportunities for singles to interact in exciting and fun social settings around Singapore.
What you will be responsible for:
- Use quantitative tools to uncover opportunities, set team goals and work with cross-functional partners to guide the product roadmap
- Explore, analyse and aggregate large data sets to provide actionable information, and create intuitive visualisations to convey those results to a broad audience
- Design informative experiments considering statistical significance, sources of bias, target populations and potential for positive results
- Collaborate with Engineers on logging, product health monitoring and experiment design/analysis
What you are required to have:
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Able to work and communicate with various product teams (marketing, design, product, management, backend)
- Good proficiency in SQL + Python/R medium level as well as solid statistical knowledge
* Big plus if you have Visualization and dashboarding tools, Metabase, knowledge of AWS ecosystem
Sounds like you? Let’s meet! Click ‘Want to Visit,’ so we can set up a time for you to meet us!